(1) ArtWalk 2017 — Downtown and Centertown Grand Haven. The annual art competition kicks off Thursday. Check out the 159 entries spread across 50 venues and then vote for your favorites. A panel of jurors will also pick winners in each category. Voting ends at 6 p.m. Oct. 3. This Saturday, from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on North First Street (between Washington and Columbus avenues), kids can work with artists to create their own masterpieces. Music by Sweet Lou and the Savages will fill the air in the same downtown spot from 1-4:30 p.m. Sunday.
(2) Musical Fountain — 8:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Waterfront Stadium, downtown Grand Haven. This will be your last chance to catch the iconic 20-minute synchronized water and light show for the season.
(3) Tri-Cities C.R.O.P. Hunger Walk — Sunday at Spring Lake Christian Reformed Church, 364 S. Lake St. Registration begins at 1 p.m. and the walk starts at 2 p.m. A portion of the proceeds and donations go to local food pantries and the rest goes to the work of Church World Service.
(4) Pumpkins at Chinook Pier — 10-11 a.m. Saturday at the Grand Haven waterfront. The event is in conjunction with Saturday’s Grand Haven Farmers Market. Children younger than 12 are invited to pick a pumpkin, grab a marker or two and participate in a fun pumpkin-decorating time. The event is free and takes place under the green canopy at Chinook Pier, 301 N. Harbor Ave.
(5) Line Dance/Chili Cookoff — 2-5 p.m. Saturday at Coastal Community Church, 12932 168th Ave., Grand Haven Township. Jill Fortenbacher from the West Michigan Boot Scooters will instruct everyone in line dancing. The event will also include chili tasting, a pie bakeoff, kids games, face painting and door prizes. Admission is free; small monetary donations will be accepted for Convoy of Hope to assist hurricane victims.