(1) West Michigan Symphony presents “A Celtic Christmas” — 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Frauenthal Center, 425 W. Western Ave., Muskegon. Irish vocalist Cathie Ryan and her band return with a program she has created to reflect her Celtic roots in a wide array of holiday works. She will join the symphony, conducted by Scott Speck, and the WMS Children’s Choir. Tickets range in price from $10 to $57.
(2) Horse-drawn carriage rides — 6:30-8:30 p.m. Saturday starting at Life Church, 18 N. Fifth St. in Grand Haven. Enjoy free rides, with four adults and two kids per carriage. Spots may be reserved starting at 6 p.m.
(3) Sunday Blues with Big Daddy Fox — 5-8 p.m. Sunday at the Theatre Bar, 24 Washington Ave. in downtown Grand Haven. The bar will also have a $10 burger-and-draft special starting at 5 p.m.
(4) Red Wanting Blue with The Alternate Route Quartet — 8 p.m. Saturday at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St. in Spring Lake. Eric Hall and Scott Terry of Red Wanting Blue will be joined by Tim Warren and Eric Donnelly of The Alternate Routes. Tickets start at $25.
(5) Fireside Storytime — 3-4 p.m. Saturday at the Hemlock Crossing County Park, 8115 West Olive Road, West Olive. Also, from 2-4 p.m. Sunday, check out Nature-Inspired Ornaments. Both events will take place in the Nature Education Center.