(1) Laughter on the Lakeshore — 6:30-9:30 p.m. Friday at Covenant Life Church, 101 Columbus Ave., Grand Haven. Enjoy an evening of goodies and giggles benefiting Grand Haven Christian School. Grand Haven’s home-grown comic Bruce Bradford-Royle will host the event and open for the headlining River City Improv from Grand Rapids. After the laughs, participate in a dessert taste testing, with bite-size delights from local restaurants: Grand Traverse Pie Co., Desserts by Design, Sweet Temptations, Goobers, Ryke’s, Baker’s Wife and Village Baker. Baristas from Jumpin’ Java will be serving coffee drinks. Although it promises to be squeaky-clean comedy, this event is not for little ones, so call the sitter. Teens are welcome. Admission is $20.
(2) Anne Heaton concert — 8 p.m. Friday at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake. Tickets start at $20.
(3) Keep It Active Winter Walk — 3-4:30 p.m. Sunday at Pine Bend Park, 15400 Polk St., West Olive. These winter walks aim to keep you outside and active during the long, cold months of winter. Join an Ottawa County parks naturalist for an hour-long “sauntering” walk. If snow conditions allow, it will be on snowshoes. Bring your own or register ahead to reserve a pair ($5). The registration fee ($5) is refundable upon registration.
(4) West Michigan Lake Hawks basketball — 5 p.m. Saturday at Reeths-Puffer High School, 1545 N. Roberts Road on Muskegon’s north side. The Lake Hawks take on the La Crosse Showtime. Tickets are $10 at the door; ages 4 and younger are free.
(5) Super Bowl — 6:30 p.m. Sunday on NBC (WOOD-TV 8 in our area). Whether it’s a party of one or 100, it’s always a great time.