Top 5 things to do this weekend
Jul 21, 2015 at 11:56 AM
(1) "The Many Moods Of Christmas" — The Grand Haven High School choirs will be performing their holiday concert at the school's Performing Arts Center, 17001 Ferris St. in Grand Haven Township, twice on Sunday: at 3 and 7 p.m. Tickets are $5, and $3 for students and senior citizens.
(2) Salvation Army Concert — The first of the "For the Love of Sally" concerts will take place Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to noon. The concerts are in the cafe at the D&W store, 1116 Robbins Road in Grand Haven. The Salvation Army red kettle will be there for donations. The concert series will continue Dec. 17-22 and 24.
(3) Gala Dance Evening — This is the Tri-Cities Historical Museum's annual benefit ball. It's 7-10 p.m. Saturday at the museum, 200 Washington Ave. in downtown Grand Haven. Tickets are $20 per person. The gala includes an auction, live band, dancing and refreshments.
(4) Harbor Humane Holiday Open House — Noon to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Harbor Humane Society, 14345 Bagley St. in West Olive, just east of U.S. 31. Cookies, refreshments and discounts on all adoptions will be available
(5) The final item is this weekend's seasonal church events:
— "The Promise" is a musical program at the Seventh-day Adventist Church, 600 Washington Ave. in Grand Haven, to celebrate Jesus' birth. It's at 7 p.m. Saturday.
— "Amahl and the Night Visitors" will be performed twice Sunday morning, at the the 9 and 10:30 services, at First Presbyterian Church, 508 Franklin Ave. in Grand Haven.
— A Christmas Candlelight Concert will also be performed twice Sunday, at 3 and 7 p.m., at First Congregational Church of Muskegon, 1201 Jefferson St. The early concert will include the Youth Alive Choirs, and the evening concert will feature the Canterbury Handbells and Shema Choir.
— "A Christmas Carol" is a one-man show by Tom Harryman at First Presbyterian Church, 508 Franklin Ave. in Grand Haven, at 4 p.m. Sunday. Admission is free.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.