Top 5 things to do this weekend
Jul 21, 2015 at 12:18 PM
There's also a bowling benefit, the VFW's annual Soup and Slider Fest, and something for the little ones this weekend, March 8-10.
(1) Soup and Slider Fest — Saturday at the VFW Post 2322, 20 N. First St. in downtown Grand Haven. Samples are $3 and up from noon to 7 p.m. Area restaurants will be competing for best burger and soup awards. Judging is at 4 p.m. and live music can be heard up to midnight.
(2) GOTAK — 2-3 p.m. Sunday at Loutit District Library, 407 Columbus Ave., Grand Haven. Grand Haven High School fiddlers group will perform Celtic, bluegrass and some rock music. The group is an after-school alternative string ensemble founded in 2005 by Melissa Meyers, director of the Grand Haven High School orchestras.
(3) The Moxie Strings — 3-4 p.m. Sunday at Spring Lake District Library, 123 E. Exchange St. This three-piece band plays foot-stomping Celtic and Americana music. To find out more about the group and see video performances, CLICK HERE.
(4) Bowl for Kids Sake — 7 p.m. Friday at Starlite Lanes, 1305 Beacon Blvd., Grand Haven. The event is a fundraiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Lakeshore. It's making a tour of bowling alleys along the Lakeshore this month, and Friday night is Grand Haven's turn. To sign up or get more information, CLICK HERE.
(5) Pinkalicious Party — 2-3:30 p.m. Saturday at Loutit District Library, 407 Columbus Ave., Grand Haven. Characters from Central Park Players' upcoming production, "Pinkalicious the Musical," will lead activities for kids. Tickets to the show, with performances March 15-17 and 22-23, will be available at the event.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.