Top 5 things to do this weekend
Jul 21, 2015 at 12:41 PM
(1) Grand River Green-Up — 9 a.m. Saturday starting with breakfast at Harbor Island. Volunteer crews depart at 9:30 a.m. for details on Harbor Island, Spring Lake and Ferrysburg. This is the third annual river clean-up event organized by the West Michigan Environmental Action Council. It was postponed from earlier this month because of the flooding disaster. The flooding has resulted in a bigger need for the clean-up, and the council says 400 volunteers are needed to complete the tasks. For details, visit grandrivergreenup.com.
(2) Spring Lake Wooden Boat Show — 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Mill Point Park in the Village of Spring Lake. The show will include more than 30 vessels, a boat-building activity for kids, and a boat parade following the 3 p.m. awards ceremony. This year marks the 10th annual show with a Roaring '20s runabout as the highlight. For details, visit springlakevillage.org.
(3) St. Mary’s School Family Fun Night — 5-8 p.m. Friday at Norton Pines Athletic Club, 1350 Judson Road, Norton Shores. Admission is $15 per family (two adults and four kids), $10 per couple (one adult and one child) and $8 per individual. Half of all admissions go back to St. Mary’s Parish School.
(4) Sunday Art Market — 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday (duh) at Chinook Pier in Grand Haven. This is the first one for the summer. The juried market showcases established and emerging artists from West Michigan and features fine pottery, metal works, photography, jewelry and textile arts. For details, visit the "ghsundayartmarket" page at Facebook.com.
(5) Grand Haven Offshore Challenge — All day Friday is the women's and kids tournament at Grand Haven's Chinook Pier. The pro-am tournament is all day Saturday and Sunday. For details, visit grandhavenoffshorechallenge.com.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.