Top 5 things to do this weekend
Jul 21, 2015 at 12:51 PM
(1) Grand Haven Triathlon & Duathlon — 7:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, staged at Tri-Cities Family YMCA. The swim portion is on Lake Michigan, the bike course will take athletes out on scenic Lakeshore Drive and the run will take place on the boardwalk. The transition area, finish line, post race awards, raffle, picnic and concert for athletes, volunteers and spectators will take place at Mulligan’s Hollow, adjacent to the YMCA. CLICK HERE to read the Tribune story.
(2) Downtown galleries' First Friday — 5:30-8 p.m. at Gallery Uptown, 201 Washington Ave.; and 6-8 p.m. at C2C Gallery, 104 Washington Ave. The opening reception for the "Summer Silliness" exhibit is at Gallery Uptown. The exhibit features the works of Marlan Cotner, Beth Reynders and Bev Hundley, with free refreshments. “Stuff and Nonsense" by Abbey Fitzpatrick opens at C2C Gallery, with free refreshments and live music by acoustical guitarist Stefanie Haapala.
(3) Bagpipes on the Grand River — Noon Saturday. Mike Gunn of the Grand Rapids & District Pipe Band will be playing his Scottish bagpipes aboard a charter boat chugging down the Grand River, starting out at slip 175 in the Grand Isle Marina.
(4) Ottawa County Democratic Party Picnic — 2-6 p.m. Sunday at Kirk Park, 9791 Lakeshore Ave., Grand Haven Township. The political party offers free food and drinks.
(5) Worship on the Waterfront — 7:30-8:45 p.m. at Waterfront Stadium, downtown Grand Haven. Free admission, with a free-will offering. Phil Stacey performs this week.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.