Top 5 things to do this weekend
Jul 21, 2015 at 12:57 PM
(1) Coast Guard Festival — How do we squeeze so many people into town during the week? The Lighthouse Quilt Guild show kicks off the events with its annual show at St. Pat's on Friday and Saturday (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.). The Tri-Cities Family YMCA Coast Guard Run and Kids Parade are Saturday morning, and a hot dog lunch will be served at the waterfront to the first 750 who show up (11:45 a.m.). At Waterfront Stadium, a circus show is at 1 p.m. (free) and the "Festival Idol" talent show is at 7 p.m. ($3). Classic cars fill downtown on Sunday, with the Grand Haven Rotary Pancake Breakfast at Michigan Commerce Bank from 8 a.m. to noon. There's more fun on tap for the coming week. To see it all, visit the festival's official website or the Grand Haven Tribune's special festival website.
(2) Coast Guard Festival Family Picnic — 1-4 p.m. Sunday. Yes, it's part of the festival, but it deserves a separate mention. The community takes a few hours to honor our Coast Guard families with a picnic and more at Coast Guard Park, 18201 North Shore Drive in Ferrysburg. There's food, games and prizes, petting zoo, antique cars, and entertainment.
(3) Pin Drop Concerts — at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake. Honor By August returns for a concert at 9 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $22. Tony Lucca, a finalist last year on "The Voice," kicks off a national tour with two shows at Seven Steps Up at 8 p.m. Sunday and Monday. Tickets are $28. Visit pindropconcerts.com.
(4) ArtWalk 2013 Family DIY Project — 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at C2C Gallery, 104 Washington Ave., Grand Haven. Paint a Grand Wavin' small lighthouse for $42 to support the Grand Haven Main Street DDA. All ages are welcome. For details, visit c2cgallery.com.
(5) Ottawa County Fair — The weeklong fair at the County Fairgrounds, 1286 Ottawa Beach Road, west of 152nd Avenue in Park Township, wraps up Saturday. Visit ottawacountyfair.com for the complete schedule.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.