Top 5 things to do this weekend
Jul 21, 2015 at 1:26 PM
(1) "Hollywood Horses" — 5 p.m. Saturday at Out Side In, 12511 152nd Ave., just south of Lincoln Street in Grand Haven Township. The show starts at 6 p.m. It will include horse demonstrations, by staff and students, to America's favorite movie songs. The Grand Haven High School state champion equestrian team will honor U.S. veterans. Tickets are $20 at the door. Proceeds will provide equine-assisted counseling to those in need at facility. Visit out-side-in.org for details and how to get $15 advance tickets. By the way, dress warm, as the show is outside!
(2) Fall Festival — 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Edgewood Lutheran Church, 2525 E. Pontaluna Road, Fruitport. Admission is $6 for adults, and $3 for ages 9 and younger. The event includes hot food and a white elephant sale.
(3) Classical guitarist Paul Vondiziano — 2 p.m. Sunday at Loutit District Library, 407 Columbus Ave., Grand Haven. This is part of the library's free Sunday Afternoon Concert series. Vondiziano's music ranges from Bach to Mediterranean composers. It's free and in the library's main lobby.
(4) Ellis Paul — 7:30 p.m. Sunday at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake. Tickets for this Pin Drop Concert start at $25 in advance, $30 at the door. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Paul has shared the stage with some of the top names in the music world, including Pete Seeger, John Mayer, Arlo Guthrie, Richie Havens, Dar Williams, Shawn Colvin and Sugarland. To hear him play, CLICK HERE.
(5) Pancake Breakfast — 8-11 a.m. Saturday at Crockery Township Hall, Nunica. Sponsored by Crockery Citizens Committee. Breakfast is $5 for adults, $3 for ages 5-12, and free for kids 4 and younger.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.