Top 5 things to do this weekend
Jul 21, 2015 at 1:47 PM
(1) Wine About Winter — 5-9 p.m. Friday at 30 merchants in Grand Haven's downtown and Centertown, with wine tasting at half of them. Others will offer appetizers. The wine closing reception is at 9 p.m. at the Tri-Cities Historical Museum, 200 Washington Ave. Taste tickets cost $1 each, but each 2-ounce glass of wine takes two tickets. Advance packages that include five taste tickets and a commemorative wine glass are available for $10 at Gallery Uptown, 201 Washington; Santo Stefano del Lago, 12 Washington; and the Frame and Mat Shop, 728 Washington. Packages will also be available during the event, while supplies last. The Harbor Trolley will offer $1 shuttle service between downtown and Centertown during the event. CLICK HERE for more information.
(2) Bloody Mary Mixoff — Noon to 5 p.m. Saturday at Old Boys’ Brewhouse, 971 W. Savidge St. in Spring Lake. This fun event benefits the Spring Lake Heritage Festival and includes live music, bloody Mary tasting, and PJ and slippers contests.
(3) North Bank Trail Pancake Breakfast — 8-11 a.m. Saturday at Crockery Township Hall, 17431 112th Ave., Nunica. All proceeds will be used toward the $25,000 needed to match the grant from the Loutit Foundation to complete the purchase of land for the path. Adults eat for $5, children 5-12 are $3, and children 4 and younger eat for free.
(4) Memorial for the Unborn — 10 a.m. Saturday, walk from First Reformed Church, 301 Washington Ave., to St. Patrick's Catholic Church, 920 Fulton Ave. At 10:30 a.m., an interfaith memorial service will take place at St. Patrick's. Following the service, walkers will return to First Reformed for light refreshments.
(5) Music by the Fireplace: Folias Flute & Guitar Duo — 3 p.m. Sunday at Spring Lake District Library, 123 E. Exchange St. It's free.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.