Top 5 things to do this weekend
Jul 21, 2015 at 1:50 PM
(1) Winterfest — The four-day weekend festival in Grand Haven begins Thursday with the Glow Bowl at the Ski Bowl (4-8 p.m.) and Winterfest Drawing Show at the Fire Barn Gallery (6-9 p.m.). Friday night is the Human Sled Race in the Harbourfront Place parking lot (7 p.m.) and art reception at the Tri-Cities Historical Museum (6:30-8 p.m.). Saturday begins with the Family Dog Pull (9 a.m.) and Cardboard Sled Race (11 a.m.), both at Mulligan's Hollow; euchre tournament at the Elks Lodge (noon); Kids Day at the YMCA (noon to 3 p.m.); and the big Luau under the heated tent in the Municipal Marina parking lot, with music by the Sons of Beaches (7 p.m. to midnight; you must be 21 or older with valid ID). Sunday is the Snowboard and Ski Competition at the Ski Bowl and Shiver in the River from the Chinook Pier docks (both are 1-3 p.m.). For more details on Winterfest 2014, CLICK HERE.
(2) Show Me the Money Day — 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Grand Haven Community Center, 421 Columbus Ave. Learn how to get out, and stay out, of debt. This a free event sponsored by the city.
(3) Hope College Young Artists Piano Competition — 1 p.m. Saturday at Dimnent Memorial Chapel, 277 College Ave. in Holland. The college's music department will present performances of up to 15 finalists during the fifth annual competition. Admission is free.
(4) David Berkeley — 8 p.m. Saturday at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake. Tickets start at $25 for this Pin Drop Concert. Berkley is a singer-songwriter from New Jersey.
(5) Jack Frost’s Winter Warmer — 2-5 p.m. Saturday at the Holiday Inn, 940 W. Savidge St., Spring Lake. Adults will have the Tiki Bar and kids get free hot chocolate and cookies, along with fun activities.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.