Top 5 things to do this weekend
Jul 21, 2015 at 1:59 PM
(1) Shiver In The River – 1-3 p.m. Sunday at Chinook Pier, downtown Grand Haven. Join in the jump ($20 registration fee benefits the Tri-Cities Area Habitat for Humanity) or watch. Costumes are highly encouraged. A warming station is at the nearby Grand River Sailing Club.
(2) Outhouse 500/Chili Cookoff – Starting at 10 a.m. Saturday in downtown Coopersville. The parade of outhouses begins at 1 p.m., followed by the race. For details, CLICK HERE.
(3) Sons of American Legion Luau — 6 p.m. to midnight Saturday at the Grand Haven American Legion post, 700 S. Harbor Ave. It includes raffles, dinner at 7 and music by Beach Bashers starting at 8:30. Admission: $20. Must be age 21 or older with valid ID.
(4) "The Dixie Swim Club" — 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 3 p.m. Sunday, at the Frauenthal Center (Beardsley Theater stage), 425 W. Western Ave., Muskegon. Tickets: $19 for adults, $17 for senior citizens and students.
(5) Stellar Evolution — 7-8:30 p.m. Saturday at the Nature Education Center at the Ottawa County Parks’ Hemlock Crossing in West Olive. It’s free. Jim Reier of the Shoreline Amateur Astronomical Association describes the life cycle of stars and how astronomers classify the stages of a star’s life.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.