Top 5 things to do this weekend
Jul 21, 2015 at 2:38 PM
And remember: Sunday is Father's Day!
(1) Feast of the Strawberry Moon — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday on Grand Haven’s Harbor Island. Step back into time and learn how things were done along the Grand River fur-trading route during the 18th century. Hosted by the Tri-Cities Historical Museum, admission is $5, or $15 for a family. For details and a complete schedule, visit tri-citiesmuseum.org.
(2) Spring Lake Heritage Festival — Through Saturday in Spring Lake. The annual festival kicked off Tuesday and wraps up with fireworks blasting off from Mill Point Park at 10:15 Saturday night. Friday’s events include a car show and entertainment tent. Saturday’s events include a 5K run/walk, pancake breakfast, highland games and a Civil War presentation, along with the second night for the entertainment tent. For the complete schedule, visit slheritagefestival.com.
(3) West Michigan Spa and Wellness Expo and Kids Expo Day — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Grand Haven Community Center, 421 Columbus Ave.
(4) Evergreen Chorale — 4 p.m. Sunday at First Presbyterian Church, 508 Franklin Ave., Grand Haven. The 80-member chorale from Holland’s Evergreen Commons is directed by Calvin Langejans. They perform a variety of sacred, secular, classical and contemporary music.
(5) Honor By August — 8 p.m. Friday at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake. Tickets start at $25. Also, Andrew Belle plays there at 7:30 Sunday night. For details, visit pindropconcerts.com.
Did I miss your event? Tell us about it in the comment section below.