Top 5 things to do this weekend
Jul 21, 2015 at 2:42 PM
(1) Grand Haven Art Festival — 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday in downtown Grand Haven. This annual event features 150 artists. Admission and parking are free. There’s also lots of fun for kids at Family Fun Day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the festival. CLICK HERE for details.
(2) Soccer in the Sand Tournament — All day Saturday and Sunday at Grand Haven State Park, 1001 S. Harbor Ave. Everyone is encouraged to hit the beach to enjoy the games. Think of it as a mini World Cup in the sand! CLICK HERE for details.
(3) Craft/Flea Market and Pig Roast — 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at First Reformed Church, 301 Washington Ave. in downtown Grand Haven. Stop by before or after visiting the art festival. Proceeds will support the church’s Disaster Relief Fund.
(4) Live music – Several places to hear it in the Tri-Cities this weekend. The Crist Family performs at 7 p.m. Saturday at Grand Haven High School, 17001 Ferris St., Grand Haven Township (Tickets are $10). Cheryl Wheeler plays at 8 p.m. Saturday at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake (Tickets start at $30). Rock Shop plays classic rock from 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Saturday at Kirby House, 2 Washington Ave., Grand Haven ($3 cover charge). Rich Burkholder plays acoustic music at the Kirby from 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Sunday.
(5) Worship on the Waterfront — 7:30-8:45 p.m. Sunday at Grand Haven’s Waterfront Stadium. Sponsored by the First Reformed Church of Grand Haven, this summer evening experience blends the music and passion of worship. Buddy Greene leads the way this week. Free-will offering will be taken. Come early for the Praise Team at 7 p.m.
Did I miss something? Tell us about it below in the Comments section.