Top 5 things to do this weekend
Jul 21, 2015 at 2:45 PM
(1) Fourth of July Fireworks — At about 10:10 p.m. Friday at Waterfront Stadium, downtown Grand Haven. CLICK HERE to see the Tribune story, “Counting down to lift off,” for details including when you can save your spot and how to get out of town after the show.
(2) Fourth of July Parade — 10:30 a.m. Friday beginning at Ferrysburg City Hall, 17290 Roosevelt Road, and ending at William Ferry Park for a city-sponsored picnic.
(3) SunShine DayDream — 11:30 a.m. to midnight Friday at All In One Catering, 9370 West Olive Road, West Olive. The event includes a pig roast, 50/50 raffle, silent auction, face painting, fire and belly dancers, and music. Donations support starving artists and SunShine DayDream. Admission: $15 at the door; kids 10 and younger are free.
(4) Voices for Freedom — 7 p.m. Friday at the Christian Reformed Conference Grounds, 12253 Lakeshore Ave., Grand Haven Township. A free-will offering will be received for the concert. Dinner is available for purchase from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
(5) “The European Theater” exhibit opens — 1-5 p.m. Sunday at USS Silversides Submarine Museum, 1346 Bluff St., Muskegon. Admission is free. Festivities begin with the arrival of the Budweiser Clydesdales at approximately 1 p.m. The event includes complimentary tours of the museum and historic vessels, including the Silversides submarine and the McLane. The exhibit chronicles the lives of American prisoners of war and their efforts to survive the harsh treatment received in German POW camps.
Did I miss something? Tell us all about it the Comments section below.