Top 5 things to do this weekend
Jul 21, 2015 at 2:46 PM
(1) Wheels of Grand Haven Car Show — 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday on Washington Avenue, between Harbor Drive and Third Street. The Grand Haven Area Jaycees have put this on for more than 20 years. If you’re old enough, you’ll probably find one of your first cars here. There’s also live entertainment from 9-3.
(2) Grand Haven Beach Vault — All day Friday and Saturday at City Beach. More than 300 pole-vaulters will compete in the two-day competition. Come on down and watch; there’s no admission charge. For details, visit grandhavenbeachvault.com.
(3) Opening reception for “Celebrate Summer” — 5:30-8 p.m. Friday at Gallery Uptown, 201 Washington Ave., Grand Haven. The exhibit features work by Julie Hegedus, Hugh Dodge, Kimiko Petersen, Virginia Kunst and Manna McGrew. Refreshments.
(4) “Guys & Dolls Jr.” — 7 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday at White Pines Middle School, 1400 S. Griffin St., Grand Haven. Kids have been working hard to put this show on, organized by the Northwest Ottawa Recreation Authority. Tickets are $5 for adults, $3 for children and senior citizens.
(5) Library Birthday Party — 2-4 p.m. Saturday at Loutit District Library (Program Room A), 407 Columbus Ave., Grand Haven. It’s been five years since the remodeled library reopened. Celebrate with cake, games and craft-making. Bring a new personal-care item to be donated to The Salvation Army.
Did I miss something? Tell us about in the Comments section below.