Top 5 things to do this weekend
Jul 21, 2015 at 2:49 PM
(1) “Disney's Peter Pan Jr.” — 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday; and 2 p.m. Saturday, at Lakeshore Middle School, 900 Cutler St., Grand Haven. Presented by Central Park Players Family Theatre. Tickets are $10. For details, visit www.centralparkplayers.org. (By the way, Spring Lake Summer Theatre also staged “Disney’s Peter Pan Jr.” this week. It wraps up Thursday at 7 p.m. at Spring Lake Middle School.)
(2) “Blooms ‘n’ Birds”: Tri-Cities Garden Club’s 57th annual flower show — 3-8:30 p.m. Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Spring Lake District Library, 123 E. Exchange St. Each arrangement entered will be judged. Visitors can view the presentations displayed throughout the library, including any medals that may have been awarded. Admission is free.
(3) Glowing for Grand Haven — 6-9 p.m. Friday at the Holiday Inn, 940 W. Savidge St., Spring Lake. This is a fundraiser for the Grand Haven Lighthouse Conservancy in its efforts to restore and maintain the Grand Haven lighthouses. The silent auction is free to attend, but the live auction requires a $10 buy-in to participate.
(4) “Coriolanus” — 7:30 p.m. Friday at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake. Presented by the Grand Haven-based Pigeon Creek Shakespeare Company. Tickets are $14, and $7 for students and senior citizens. For reservations, call 616-850-0916.
(5) Beach Zone — 1-4 p.m. Saturday at Kirk Park, 9791 Lakeshore Ave., Grand Haven Township. Enjoy the beach and stop by the Beach Zone tent to participate in activities designed to help kids enjoy and learn about the dunes. Adults must accompany children during these activities. Take a quick hike on the dunes at 3 p.m. The program is free; however, parking fees still apply.
Did I miss something? Tell us all about it in the comment section.