Top 5 things to do this weekend
Jul 21, 2015 at 2:59 PM
(1) Tuskegee Airmen and Dawn Patrol Fly-In — 7-11 a.m. Saturday at Grand Haven Memorial Airport, 16446 Comstock St. The event will feature the Tuskegee pilots demonstrating the Schweizer TG-7A motor gliders. Admission is free; the breakfast is $6 per person. Dozens of planes will be on display with pilots available for questions. Also, a Young Eagles program for kids to learn how to fly is 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
(2) The history of the Tuskegee Airmen during World War II will be discussed at Loutit District Library, 407 Columbus Ave. in Grand Haven, at 2 p.m. Saturday. It’s free.
(3) Shoreline Jazz Festival — Saturday and Sunday, starting at 1 p.m. both days, at Heritage Landing in downtown Muskegon. The lineup includes Kenny G. General admission is $25 per day. Visit shorelinejazzfestival.com for details.
(4) Smith’s Bayou Chili Cookoff — Noon to 3 p.m. Saturday at 16888 Cecilia Lane in Ferrysburg. Bring a lawn chair and hungry appetite. Purchase chili samples: three tickets for $1. Proceeds to benefit the Blessings in a Backpack program.
(5) Eighth annual Brainy Day 5K — 8:30-11:30 a.m. Saturday at 16489 124th Ave., Nunica. They say it’s great for runners and walkers, cross-country style — all on trails with no pavement. All proceeds from the run go to Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital to benefit neurological programs and research. The cost is $25 and up.
Did I miss something? Tell us about it in the Comments section.