logo



Small fire extinguished on mobile home's screened porch

Becky Vargo • Mar 26, 2018 at 4:30 PM

A homeowner used a fire extinguisher to keep a fire from spreading at his Village Green mobile home Sunday evening.

Firefighters from the Grand Haven Department of Public Safety responded to Lot 430 in the manufactured home community at about 7:18 p.m. When they arrived, the resident had extinguished part of a fire on the screened-in porch. Firefighters quickly extinguished the rest.

The fire was determined to be accidental and caused by smoking materials, according to Grand Haven Public Safety Director Jeff Hawke.

There were no injuries.

Grand Haven Township Fire Rescue and North Ottawa Community Hospital ambulance also responded to the scene.

Recommended for You

    Grand Haven Tribune Videos