1. WHAT TRUMP CALLS TILLERSON'S NORTH KOREA TALKS
The U.S. secretary of state is "wasting his time" trying to negotiate with Pyongyang over its nuclear and missile programs, the president says.
2. TRUMP SLAMS CRITICS OF PUERTO RICO RESPONSE
The president brushes off "politically motivated ingrates" after he's blamed for providing insufficient aid to Puerto Rico, which is suffering from widespread devastation after Hurricane Maria.
3. SPANISH POLICE INJURE OVER 800 DURING CATALONIA VOTE
Riot police armed with truncheons and rubber bullets attack peaceful protesters and voters as a referendum on independence is approved.
4. FEWER NFL PLAYERS PROTEST DURING NATIONAL ANTHEM
Many players stand for the national anthem — with some exceptions — a week after President Trump provoked them in a series of tweets.
5. OVER 140,000 FLEE VOLCANO THREAT
Hundreds of earthquakes each day signal an eruption could soon hit Mount Agung on the island of Bali in Indonesia.
6. HIGH COURT SET TO DEBATE REDISTRICTING
In its new term, the Supreme Court will consider cases on gerrymandering, worker rights, gay marriage and other highly charged issues.
7. HOW TOP ADVISER PORTRAYS TRUMP TAX PLAN
Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin says Trump's goal is to boost jobs and lower taxes for the middle class with the tax cuts that critics say would benefit the wealthiest Americans.
8. WHO'S OUT OF JAIL
O.J. Simpson is freed from prison in the dead of night after serving nine years for armed robbery.
9. 'IT' KNOCKS OFF TOM CRUISE AT BOX OFFICE
The horror film returns to No. 1 with $17.3 million, edging out the crime drama "American Made."
10. WHERE POT GUMMY BEARS ARE NOW ILLEGAL
Colorado bans edible marijuana products shaped like animals, people and fruit that kids could mistake for candy.