1. DEMS CAPTURE TWO GOVERNORSHIPS
Democratic candidates in Virginia and New Jersey who sought to tap into anti-Trump sentiment win contests to become their states' next governors.
2. TRUMP'S SURPRISE TRIP TO DMZ THWARTED BY FOG
A helicopter flight by the president to the heavily fortified Korean demilitarized zone is blocked by bad weather.
3. WHICH CHANCES TO AVERT BLOODSHED WERE MISSED
The gunman who massacred more than two dozen people at a small-town Texas church had amassed a record that should have given law enforcement several opportunities to stop him from having guns.
4. U.S. LONE HOLDOUT TO CLIMATE DEAL
Syria plans to join the Paris climate accord, a move that leaves the United States as the only U.N. member state not supporting the agreement.
5. ROY HALLADAY DIES IN PLANE CRASH
The two-time Cy Young Award winner is killed when his private plane goes down in the Gulf of Mexico off Florida. He was 40.
6. HOW TWITTER IS EVOLVING
The company says it's ending its iconic 140-character limit — and giving nearly everyone 280 characters.
7. CENTENNIAL OF REVOLUTION MARKED
Thousands of Communist party members and supporters march in downtown Moscow on the anniversary of the 1917 Bolshevik Revolution.
8. WHAT'S SEEN AS BIG STEP TOWARD SELF-DRIVING CARS
A company created by Google will test vehicles on public roads with only an employee in the back seat.
9. MAP DUBBED 'AMERICA'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE' IS FOUND
Christie's auction house says it has discovered a previously unknown copy of the 510-year-old map that was the first to use the name "America" for the New World.
10. TOP FOUR HOLD THEIR SPOTS
Georgia, Alabama, Notre Dame and Clemson remain in the top four of the College Football Playoff rankings.