1. WHAT'S INSPIRING DEMOCRATS ACROSS U.S.
The party faithful say their victories in Virginia and New Jersey — their first of the young Trump era — mark the beginning of an anti-Trump wave that could re-shape the balance of power in Congress in 2018.
2. BEHIND SCENES, A SEARCH FOR COMMON GROUND
Trump's two-day visit to China opens with diplomatic niceties, but thorny issues including trade and North Korea await behind closed doors.
3. CARNAGE AT SMALL-TOWN TEXAS CHURCH CLAIMED 8 CHILDREN
At least one eyewitness says the gunman specifically targeted babies who cried out during the attack, shooting them at point-blank range.
4. WHICH ISSUE DEMS BELIEVE HOLDS PROMISE
Emboldened by election wins, Democrats are starting to see a political edge in health care, particularly widening Medicaid access for more low-income people.
5. EGYPT ISSUES POINTED WARNING TO IRAN
President el-Sissi calls on Tehran to stop "meddling" in the Middle East and says that the security of Arab Gulf countries must not be threatened.
6. HOW AN OBAMA INITIATIVE IS BEING ERODED
The Trump administration is imposing travel and commerce restrictions on Cuba that will make it harder for Americans to visit.
7. CRITICS SAY VENEZUELA CRIMINALIZING DISSENT
The nation's all-powerful constitutional assembly passes a wide-reaching law that clamps down on social media and broadcasters by ordering prison sentences of up to 20 years for anyone who instigates hate.
8. 'THIS TAKES US A HUGE STEP FORWARD'
Doctors treating a critically ill boy with a devastating skin disease say that an experimental gene therapy proved remarkably successful.
9. WHO'S MARKING DECADE-LONG PARTNERSHIP
Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood are celebrating their 10-year anniversary as hosts of the Country Music Awards.
10. QB INJURIES OVERRIDING STORY IN NFL
During the first half of this season, Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer, sensational rookie Deshaun Watson and Sam Bradford all have gone down.