(1) "The Affections of May" — the Central Park Players stage this romantic comedy at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 2 p.m. Sunday, as well as at 8 p.m. May 11-12, at Lakeshore Middle School, 900 Cutler in Grand Haven. The plot: After being deserted by her husband, a woman suddenly finds herself the center of attention in a small resort town. Tickets are $14 for adults, and $11 for students and senior citizens. For details, visit www.centralparkplayers.org or call 850-6566.
(2) First Friday at the Gallery Uptown — opening reception for the May show is 5:30-8 p.m. Friday. The gallery is at 201 Washington in downtown Grand Haven. The West Michigan Printmakers 2012 exhibit will feature the works of Jean Boot, Cindi Ford, Lee Ann Frame, Adde Lou Garter, Alynn Guerra, Erin Hoffman and Mat Moore. The show runs through May 29. For details, visit www.galleryuptown.net.
(3) River Valley Strings — wrap up the season for the free Sunday Afternoon Concert Series at Loutit District Library, 407 Columbus Ave. in Grand Haven. They'll play in the library's upper level from 2-3 p.m. The repertoire for the nine-member group based in Grand Rapids includes old-time music, big band, gospel, folk, jigs and waltzes. The music is played on hammered dulcimers, autoharps, guitars, mandolin, bouzouki, recorder, whistle and flute. For details, visit www.loutitlibrary.org.
(4) Bluesman David Rucks — will play at Spring Lake District Library, 123 E. Exchange St., from 3-4 p.m. Sunday. This free performance is also the last edition of the Spring Lake library's Music by the Fireplace until September.
(5) Embellish — is a well-known handbell choir that will provide a free concert at First Presbyterian Church, 508 Franklin Ave. in Grand Haven, at 4 p.m. Sunday. For details, call 842-6760.