(1) American Cancer Society Relay For Life - steps off at 9 a.m. Saturday and continues to 9 a.m. Sunday on the track at White Pines Middle School, 1400 S. Griffin St. in Grand Haven. The opening ceremony is at 11 a.m. Saturday, with a cancer survivor victory lap at 2 p.m. and a luminary ceremony at 9 p.m. The annual Relay For Life offers our community a way to celebrate cancer survivorship, remember loved ones lost and fight back against the dastardly disease. Come watch or come walk!
(2) Matt Vibe — comes to Grand Haven straight from Nashville for two performances at the Pavilion Wharf Bar & Grille, 18 Washington Ave. Vibe will play from 9 p.m. to midnight Saturday and 4:30-8 p.m. Sunday. He's recently released his fourth CD, "Live On St Croix."
(3) Grand Haven Farmers Market — opens Saturday for the season. It's under the green canopy next to Chinook Pier in downtown Grand Haven. Enjoy garden fresh seasonal produce, flowers, plants, baked goods and more. Managed by the Chamber of Commerce, it will be open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays in May.
(4) Benefit garage sale — On Friday and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days, the Pigeon Creek Schoolhouse Preservation Society will host a garage sale at 11261 168th Ave., north of Lake Michigan Drive (M-45). Proceeds will be used to restore the 1878 one-room Pigeon Creek Schoolhouse.
(5) "The Affections of May" — will be staged by the Central Park Players for a second and final weekend at the Lakeshore Middle School auditorium, 900 Cutler Ave., Grand Haven. Tickets for the romantic comedy are $14 for adults, and $11 for students and senior citizens. For details, call the CAPP box office at 850-6566. Show times are 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section for this story.