(1) Spring Lake Wooden Boat Show — 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, June 2, at Mill Point Park. The show will feature more than 30 vessels, a boat-building activity table for kids, live entertainment and a boat parade following a 3 p.m. awards ceremony. The park overlooks the Grand River on the village's west end, south of Savidge Street (M-104) and at the end of School Street. Take a picnic lunch and enjoy.
(2) Grand Haven Offshore Challenge — goes on all weekend from Chinook Pier. Friday, June 1, is the Women and Kids/Steelheaders Big Fish Tournament. The regular tournament is Saturday and Sunday. Even if you don't participate, check out the big fish as the contestants bring them in for weighing. For details, call Karen at 616-638-1370 or visit grandhavenoffshorechallenge.com.
(3) Sunday Art Market — The local Chamber of Commerce kicks off this summer-long Sunday market this weekend. It runs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. under the green canopy at Chinook Pier. The juried market showcases established and emerging artists from West Michigan each Sunday through Sept. 9. The Chamber says you will find an ever-changing display of fine art, pottery, metal works, photography, glass and textile arts, jewelry and more.
(4) Wings of Mercy's Muskegon Carefaire — 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, June 2, at the Muskegon County Airport, just a few miles north of Grand Haven. Take U.S. 31 north to the Sternberg exit, go west to Old Grand Haven Road and head north to the airport. You'll find the event at Executive Air Transport, 103 Sinclair Drive, Hanger 1. This annual fundraiser for the organization that provides volunteer pilots flying patients to faraway doctors includes a pancake breakfast, classic cars, vintage aircraft, airplane and helicopter rides, and a 5k "Run for Wings" race at 8 a.m. The entry fee for the race is $25. Tickets for the breakfast, etc., are $6 or $25 for the whole family.
(5) GHHS Student Ceramics Exhibit — 5-8 p.m. Friday, June 1, at C2C Gallery, 41 Washington Ave. in downtown Grand Haven's Harbourfront Place. The best ceramic works by Grand Haven High School students will be exhibited. Local musician Garrett Borns will be performing.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section for this story.