Hopefully, it cools off a bit for the athletes competing in this weekend's Grand Haven Triathlon.
(1) Grand Haven Triathlon — begins with the Kids Triathlon at 7:45 a.m. Saturday, July 7. Young athletes, ages 6-13, will compete at the Tri-Cities Family YMCA. A pre-race pasta dinner will be held at the Y from 2-7 p.m. Saturday. The main event begins at 7:45 a.m. Sunday. It includes a sprint distance triathlon, an Olympic distance triathlon and a sprint distance duathlon. Relay teams are also invited to participate. Post race awards and raffle will take place immediately after the race. There is also a picnic with live music for athletes, volunteers and spectators to enjoy. For details, visit www.grandhaventri.com.
(2) Art Gallery Friday — Gallery Uptown will host the opening reception of its July exhibit, "Walks of Life, from 5:30-8 p.m. Friday, July 6. The artists will be at the gallery, 201 Washington Ave., for talks beginning at 7 p.m. The exhibit runs through July 30. Down the street at 41 Washington Ave. (Harbourfront Place), C2C Gallery will host "Human Ritual" from 6-9 p.m. Being featured is Mike Bryant of Rockford, a Raku artist. Live music will be provided by Chris and Susan Loughrin, who call themselves WoodSong. Refreshments are free.
(3) Motorcycle Ride Fundraiser — for the Tri-Cities Area Habitat for Humanity. Starts at 10 a.m. Saturday, July 7, at Spring Lake Wesleyan Church in Spring Lake Township. It ends at Hot Rod Harley in Muskegon with free lunch and raffles. Registration begins at 9 a.m. The cost to participate is $20.
(4) Garrett Borns — performs Sunday, July 8, at the 2012 Acoustic Sunset Series at Camp Blodgett, 10451 Lakeshore Drive in West Olive. Doors open at 6 p.m. The Grand Haven man's concert begins at 7:30 p.m. Admission and parking are free.
(5) F&3 Acoustic Fridays — 8 p.m. Friday, July 6, at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St. in Spring Lake. The Acoustic Boys of Summer, singer-songwriters Nick Wronski and Darin Zarzecki, will perform. Seating is first-come, first-served. General admission tickets are $5 in advance. For more information visit www.pindropconcerts.com.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.