The east side of Grand Haven will celebrate autumn with its annual festival, 10 high school marching bands will take the field to compete in three classes at Grand Haven High School, Spring Lake has its Homecoming, and ArtWalk wraps up.
(1) Eastown Fallfest - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at East Grand River Park, at the east end of Washington Avenue in Grand Haven. Events include 5k run, pancake eating contest, Parade-a-Palooza, Big Wheel race, pet expo, photo contest, kids activities and food. For details, visit eastowngrandhaven.org.
(2) Grand Haven Marching Band Invitational - 6-9 p.m. Saturday at Grand Haven High School Buccaneers Stadium, at Ferris Street and U.S. 31 in Grand Haven Township. Admission is $5 for adults, $3 for students and senior citizens, and free for children under age 5. Concessions will be available. Oakridge will kick off the performances at 6 p.m., followed by Fremont, Fennville, Orchard View, DeWitt, Portage Northern, Mona Shores, Muskegon and Hudsonville. The Grand Haven band will end the night at 8:30 p.m., followed by the presentation of awards.
(3) Pumpkins at Chinook Pier - 10-11 a.m. Saturday under the green canopy at Chinook Pier, along the Grand Haven channel. Children under age 12 are invited to pick a pumpkin, grab some colorful markers and decorate like crazy. It's sponsored by the local Chamber of Commerce and free. A limited supply of pumpkins has been provided by Visser Farms of Zeeland.
(4) ArtWalk 2012 Wrap - 6-9 p.m. Friday at C2C Gallery, 104 Washington Ave. in downtown Grand Haven. The third annual competition concluded with the announcement of the winners on Wednesday night. At the C2C Gallery on Friday, eight of the artists will talk about their entries and this year's contest. WoodSong Duo will perform acoustical music from 6-8 p.m. The event is free, and so are the refreshments.
(5) Spring Lake High School Homecoming - The school's annual parade through the village, featuring the 2012 Homecoming Court, begins at 6 p.m. Friday on Exchange Street. It ends at the school's football field for the game with Ludington at 7 p.m. Admission to the game is $5 for adults and $4 for students. The Homecoming Dance is Saturday night.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.