1. OUTCRY OVER GUNS SHOWS SIGNS OF FADING
The White House fights to keep momentum alive for new legislation meant to curb gun violence.
2. QUICKER PULLOUT FROM AFGHANISTAN POSSIBLE
The Obama administration signals that it may withdraw all U.S. troops by the end of 2014.
3. WHY VENEZUELA IS POSTPONING ITS PRESIDENT'S SWEARING-IN
Chavez can't attend. He's still recovering from cancer treatment in a Cuban hospital.
4. TORTURE LAWSUIT SETTLED FOR $5.28M
It's the first time ex-prisoners at Abu Ghraib and other detention centers have collected money from a U.S. defense contractor.
5. HOTTEST. YEAR. EVER.
U.S. temperatures were off the charts during 2012, a year marked by drought and a barely there winter.
6. HOW SUSPECT ACTED JUST HOURS AFTER COLORADO KILLINGS
A police detective testifies that James Holmes pretended the paper bags on his hands — meant to preserve gunshot residue — were puppets.
7. A CALL FOR UNPRECEDENTED INAUGURATION CASH
Planners of the Obama festivities are asking donors for up to $1 million each.
8. WHERE RICH GUATEMALANS ARE MOVING
A private city built outside the capital is luring the wealthy who are weary of traffic and crime.
9. SIRI, WHAT SHOULD I WATCH?
TVs of the future will respond to voice commands, allowing viewers to chuck the remote.
10. NOT JUST ANOTHER FACE IN THE CROWD
He's the QB at national champ Alabama. She only sits in the stands. But Katherine Webb, an ex-Miss Alabama, seems to be gaining more fans than her boyfriend.