1. SURPRISES FROM THE INAUGURATION
Obama stressed the need to combat climate change. He declared his full support for gay rights. And his speech lasted just 10 minutes.
2. WHO TURNED HEADS
Beyonce wowed the inaugural crowd when she sang the national anthem. Other celebs who showed up or performed included Jay-Z, James Taylor, Kelly Clarkson and Katy Perry.
3. TERROR CHIEF'S CHILLING FINAL COMMAND
He ordered his followers to kill all the foreign hostages held at a gas plant in the remote Sahara, the Algerian government says.
4. WHY A CHURCH LEADER IS APOLOGIZING
Court records show former Cardinal Roger Mahony maneuvered behind the scenes to shield molester priests in the Los Angeles archdiocese.
5. HAWKISH NETANYAHU LIKELY TO BE RE-ELECTED
Israelis, who head to the polls Tuesday, no longer seem to believe that peace with the Palestinians is possible.
6. ACCUSED OF KILLING HIS FAMILY, NM TEEN TALKS
Nehemiah Griego, 15, tells authorities he had been having homicidal and suicidal thoughts.
7. 'THIS IS THE DREAM DR. KING TALKED ABOUT'
Events marking the MLK holiday dovetail with Obama's inaugural celebration.
8. WHAT THE DREAMLINER PROBE IS FOCUSING ON
Investigators turn their attention to the maker of lithium ion batteries that overheated in Boeing's grounded 787 jets.
9. 'CAPT. WALES' DEPARTS THE COMBAT ZONE
Britain's Prince Harry is going home after a five-month stint in Afghanistan as a helicopter pilot.
10. REMEMBERING 'JOE PA'
A year after his death, State College residents will hold a vigil Tuesday evening for the longtime Penn State coach whose reputation was tarnished by scandal.