1. WHO'S NOT BENEFITING FROM FLU SHOTS
This year's vaccine is proving startlingly ineffective in protecting older Americans — the most vulnerable age group.
2. DREW PETERSON GETS 38 YEARS IN PRISON
The sentence comes in an Illinois court after the ex-cop angrily denies killing his third wife.
3. WHAT SWUNG THE BALANCE IN HAGEL'S FAVOR
Alabama GOP Sen. Richard Shelby decides to back the defense nominee, giving him enough votes to win confirmation.
4. SEEKING BAIL, PISTORIUS FACES A HIGH HURDLE
His lawyers will have to prove there's an "exceptional" reason to free him before trial.
5. HOW TO FOIL DRONES
Among other tips, Al-Qaida is advising its fighters to use desert-grass mats to camouflage their vehicles.
6. DRAMATIC CAR CHASE SHOOTOUT ON THE VEGAS STRIP
Three people are killed and six injured in street violence that a tourist likens to "something out of a movie. Like 'Die Hard.'"
7. WHICH COUNTRIES WILL FOOT THE BILL FOR AFGHAN'S MILITARY
NATO considers funding the force through 2018, which would increase the costs to the U.S. and its allies by more than $2 billion a year.
8. READING WAL-MART'S TEA LEAVES
The giant retailer's weaker sales forecast signals that the wallets of the nation's poor and middle-class will remain thin.
9. WHEN THE SEQUESTER WILL BE FELT
It's a government slowdown, not a shutdown, and could take a while to impact the public, writes the AP's Andrew Taylor.
10. AND (THE AP PREDICTS) THE WINNER IS...
Movie writers Christy Lemire and David Germain say "Argo" will win best picture at the Academy Awards.