Leave Feedback

Journey to Bethlehem to continue

Krystle Wagner • Jul 21, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Organizers recently received approval from the Duncan Park Commission for the event to return to the Grand Haven park, Dec. 13-15.

Duncan Memorial Park Commissioner Linda DeLano Tebeau said the board has some reservations about the event. She said the area can’t be used just for the project, and others should be allowed in the park during the show.

“We felt that they should be able to make it more inclusive,” DeLano Tebeau said. “They can’t use Duncan Woods for their exclusive use.”

Terri Metzger, project manager for Journey to Bethlehem, said they are thankful for the park commission’s approval.

Volunteers from more than 20 area churches collaborated to bring the town of Bethlehem to life last December. Metzger said they received an outpouring of community support as well.

Tickets for last year's inaugural show sold out in less than 24 hours, leaving many who wanted to take the tour left out. Metzger said they will have more opportunities available for the tour this year.

To read more of this story, see today’s print or e-edition of the Grand Haven Tribune.

Recommended for You