Getting to know … Lindsey Johnson
Jul 21, 2015 at 2:36 PM
1. Favorite color: Orange. I started liking it in high school. I did my goalie jersey off of that, I wanted a bright color.
2. Favorite class: I like P.E. I know that’s not really a class. If I had to choose an actual class, it would be English because it’s just kind of fun. And the teachers at WMC are awesome and make it enjoyable.
3. Favorite athlete: Hope Solo. I watch Youtube videos of her.
4. Favorite sports team: Lions. My family has watched them my whole life. Even if they’re not good, I’ve always watched them.
5. Can’t live without it accessory/device: I’m not really sure. At my house, we have a rule that you’re not supposed to be on your phone a ton because it makes you unsocial.
6. Go-to social media: Instagram
7. Favorite movie: Secretariat. I watch it with my sisters Katie and Grace. We’re all close, and we just watch movies together.
8. Favorite book: The Divergent Series, The Fault in Our Stars and the Hunger Games Series
9. Favorite TV series: Ax Men. I watch it with my family on Sunday nights.
10. Favorite Food: Ice cream, especially Country Dairy’s Hoof Prints.
11. Favorite pizza place: Spanky’s in Fremont. Their breadsticks are the world’s best, they’re so good.
12. Favorite superhero: Superman
13. Favorite teacher: Mr. (Josh) Glerum (P.E.) and Ms. (Jen) VanHekken (English). They’re really easy to go to talk to about stuff.
14. Best advice you’ve ever received: Never give up. Sometimes I’ll get down or something, and it’s kind of like encouragement. Never give up. If it’s during a a game — if someone scored on me — I’ll have a defender come back and be like, “Just forget it.” That’s it, never give up. Being a goalie you have to forget stuff. … That’s probably my best advice just forget it.
15. Dream job: Probably an insurance agent. My parents (Dan and Marcy Johnson) are both insurance agents. I didn’t really like it at first, but then I started to learn more about it and I thought it was neat.
16. Five words that describe you best: Funny, caring, encouraging, hyper and trust-worthy.
17. Favorite hobbies: Showing steer and riding horses.
18. Coolest place you’ve visited: Clearwater Beach this past spring break. That was a lot of fun.
19. Most outstanding athletic achievement: Going to state semifinals my freshmen year. That was awesome. I had a really fun team that year, and the defense was awesome.
It still is. We’ve had a strong defense ever since I’ve been here. I was a little worried this year, but we still have a strong one, and our offense has especially come together. Alyssa Benedict coming over really helped and (Jessica Kinnucan) has gotten a lot better. She’s doing really well — just the whole team is doing awesome, and we’re starting to come together more.