Resource Recovery Centers now accepting electronics

The Ottawa County Health Department now accepts consumer electronic waste at its Resource Recovery Centers in Holland and Grand Haven, at no cost to residents. With residents continually updating electronic devices, the outdated products have become a significant waste stream in recent years, Health Department officials said. The Health Department plans to expand the service to its Coopersville and Jenison centers in the future.
Jun 1, 2011


All four centers are now accepting more plastics — those numbered 1 through 7 — along with mixed paper, cardboard and glass with a $50 annual recycling membership. As always scrap metal, waste oil, antifreeze and a variety of other household hazardous wastes are accepted free of charge for Ottawa County residents.

For more information about these programs, visit or call 616-393-5645.


Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on Create a new account today to get started.