The weather forecast is for hot and dry, so the beaches will probably be full all weekend. Don't stay in the sun too long and drink plenty of water.
(1) Benefit car wash - Help the Grand Haven High School choirs and symphony orchestra fund their April 2013 trip to Carnegie Hall and Europe. It's quite ambitious for such a big group of kids. The choirs are directed by Shirley Lemon and the orchestra is directed by Melissa Myers. The students will be washing cars, trucks, bicycles, motorcycles — whatever you wheel in — every Saturday through Aug. 25 (except Aug. 4). They'll be at two Grand Haven locations: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. behind Lemon Creek Winery, off southbound Beacon at Seventh Street; and noon to 4 p.m. at Dr. Sid Disbrow lot, off northbound Beacon at Waverly. How much? It's by donation, so it's up to you. See the photo gallery from the June 23 wash at grandhaventribune.com/photos.
(2) St. Mary’s White Elephant Sale - with all of the proceeds going to support the parochial school in Spring Lake. There's no admission charge, and organizers say there will hundreds of items priced as low as 50 cents. The sale hours are 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and Saturday (June 29-30) at St. Mary’s School, 421 E. Exchange St.
(3) Dancing at the Waterfront - Friday night (June 29) from 7-9 at Grand Haven's Waterfront Stadium. This week, the Hark Up Horns Big Band performs. Admission is $3. For more on Hark Up Ministries, visit harkupministries.org/index.html.
(4) Soccer in the Sand — Watch teams of youth and adults compete in the annual tournament on the beach at Grand Haven State Park all day Saturday and Sunday (June 30 and July 1). The registration deadline has already passed. For details, visit soccerinthesand.com.
(5) Worship on the Waterfront - The 2012 season kicked off last week. Tommee Profitt of Grand Rapids, and his "unique piano-driven style of worship," will lead the casual Christian service this Sunday (July 1) from 7:30-8:45 p.m. at Grand Haven's Waterfront Stadium. It's held rain or shine. A free-will offering will be taken. Visit worshiponthewaterfront.org for the complete lineup.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.