(1) Historic River Road Car Cruise — So much is happening at this event on Saturday, July 14, it will be hard to condense it all here. The day begins at Griffin Elementary School in Grand Haven at 11 a.m. Cars will cruise to Riverside County Park in Robinson Township, taking the Historic River Road route. At the park, there will be a 1930s-style "JacJungle" picnic, reliving the famed roadhouse that used to be there during the Great Depression years. The historical route will be dedicated at 1 p.m. This event is part of the 2012 Greenway Celebration. The cost is $20 and includes two chicken dinners. For more details on the day and the yearlong celebration, visit miottawa.org/parks or call 616-738-4810.
(2) Wheels of Grand Haven Car Show — This is the 19th annual show sponsored by the Grand Haven Area Jaycees in downtown Grand Haven. Cars will line Washington Avenue, between Harbor Drive and Third Street, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, July 15. There are more than 30 open-entry classes ranging from the earliest cars to modern marvels. Registration is from 8:30-11:30 a.m. The show also includes live entertainment.
(3) Grand Haven Beach Vault — Billed as "the world's largest outdoor pole vault event," this two-day competition takes place on Grand Haven City Beach, in front of the Bil-Mar Restaurant. About 300 vaulters (all ages) are expected to compete between 9 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, June 13-14. Admission is free and it's fun to watch. Want more details? Visit grandhavenbeachvault.com. If one day is rained out, they'll make it up on Sunday.
(4) Tri-Cities Garden Club Flower Show — This is the local club's 44th annual show. It began Thursday and runs through Saturday (July 12-14) at Spring Lake District Library, 123 E. Exchange St. in Spring Lake. Admission is free. The theme this year is "Dining by Design." Club members take this show seriously. It's what they call a Standard National Garden Club show, featuring floral design and horticulture classifications, with awards. The event also includes youth and educational exhibits. The show is open from 3-8 p.m. Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
(5) Jonathan Birchfield and Back Roads Tour — Country music will fill the NASCAR RV Resort in Grand Haven Township at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, July 13-14. The resort is the former Yogi Bear Campground, 10990 U.S. 31. If you're not staying at the resort, admission is $8 per person for an all-day guest pass. Want to know more about the artist? Visit http://jbirchfield.com.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.