The annual sidewalk sale event takes place along Washington Avenue between Harbor Drive and Third Street, and features music and other entertainment.
In addition to the sidewalk sales, also taking place within walking distance is the Art On The Waterfront art show at Grand Haven Municipal Marina. The event is sure to please the fine art fan, and it features more than 40 booths of juried artists.
(1) Downtown Grand Haven Annual Sidewalk Sales — 9 a.m. Friday, Aug. 17, 5 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 18. Takes place on Washington Avenue between Harbor Drive and Third Street. In addition to sales, the event features music and other entertainment in downtown Grand Haven.
(2) Grand River Greenway Celebration Family Picnic — 11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. At Connor Bayou County Park, Connor Bayou is located in Robinson Township. A small parking area is located on the north side of N. Cedar Drive just west of 128th Avenue. Free hot dog lunch to first 200 guests. Art for kids story telling, music, birthday cake, and hiking on the new trails. Tour the newly refurbished log Woodland Cabin, available soon for your own events. Rain or shine!
(3) Art On The Riverfront — 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Grand Haven Municipal Marina. Juried fine art show with more than 40 booths of regional artists.
(4) St. Patrick’s & St. Anthony’s Parish Summer Festival — Today through Saturday at the St. Patrick’s Church, 920 Fulton St., Grand Haven. The Festival will feature a huge outdoor community garage sale today until 6 p.m., a roast pig dinner from 4-7 p.m. and a euchre tournament in the Family Center from 7–11 p.m. Saturday events start with a car show from 9-3 p.m., an indoor craft show in the Family Center from 9-5 p.m., food booths featuring authentic Mexican food, roast chicken dinner as well as local vendors Downtown Dogs, Maui Wowi, Tim Hortons’ and Cold Stone. Bingo will be from noon-4 p.m. and there will be games for young and old. An entertainment tent featuring The Polka Towners will be from 3-7 p.m. and the band Soul’d Out will start at 8 p.m.
(5) Bravo 2012 — 6-11 p.m. Saturday, August 18th at The Little Red House, 311 E. Exchange St., Spring Lake. Go hog Wild! The evening will include a pig roast, raffle ($2,000 cash prize give-away and other cash prizes), cocktails, music provided by Dance Tracks and a silent auction. Admission is $35 admission per person. All proceeds go to benefit The Little Red House. Call 846-5720 for more information.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.