Trumpet donation?

Kevin of Spring Lake asked, "I have a well-used trumpet from the days when I used to play in band in high school. This beautiful trumpet would make a good donation band instrument if I knew where to get it repaired for this purpose. Do you know of anywhere I can have my trumpet repaired so it can be used by a local school?"
Mark Brooky
Feb 18, 2013



Kevin, I would have liked to send you to the Spread the Music Foundation, a Grand Haven-based organization that fixed up donated instruments and put them into the hands of many deserving young musicians. However, the organization's website and phone number are disconnected.

"Spread the Music is on a hiatus of sorts, to my knowledge," said Iain Novoselich, director of bands for Grand Haven Area Public Schools.

So, at this point, your best bet is to bring it directly to the main office at Grand Haven High School, 17001 Ferris St. in Grand Haven Township.

"Any donation of an instrument to the school is welcomed and they will receive a letter acknowledging their tax-deductible donation," Novoselich said.

Do you have a question for the Tribune? E-mail it to, and type MAILBAG in the subject line. Or mail it the old-fashioned way to: Grand Haven Tribune, MAILBAG, 101 N. Third St., Grand Haven, MI 49417. We'll do our best to get you an answer! A new Mailbag appears on at 5 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.



Meyer Music will repair/refurbish musical instruments. I took my sons Trombone there. They evaluated it and told me whether or not is was worth it. Good Luck!


Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on Create a new account today to get started.