The Grand Haven Township Board has approved the township's 2013 road paving program for $463,800, in conjunction with the Ottawa County Road Commission.
“We budget money every year to make road improvements that the county doesn’t that are necessary,” Township Supervisor Karl French said.
French explained that the township coordinates the project with the Road Commission, which contracts out the work to be done at the same time as other road projects in the county.
The township is planning to repave the following locations, which stretch a total of 2.47 miles:
• Pepperidge Avenue from Brucker Street to the end
• Maplewood Street from Pepperidge to 177th Avenue
• Shiawassee Drive from Groesbeck Street to Lake Avenue
• Bignell Drive from Groesbeck to Mercury Drive
• Arborwood Drive from 152nd Avenue to Greenbriar Drive
• East Park Court from Arborwood to the cul-de-sac
• Streamside Court from Arborwood to the cul-de-sac
• Greenbriar from the cul-de-sac to Hawthorne Street
• Hawthorne from Greenbriar to Ravine View Drive
• Ravine View from Ferris Street to Hawthorne
• Aspen Lane from Greenbriar to Ravine View
• Acacia Drive from Woodrush to Ferris
The exact dates for the work have not yet been set.
To read more of this story, see today’s print or e-edition of the Grand Haven Tribune.