1. TORNADO ROARS THROUGH OKLAHOMA CITY SUBURBS
The twister, with winds up to 200 mph, reduces block after residential block to ruins and leaves dozens dead.
2. A RARE AND DEADLY COINCIDENCE
Monday's powerful storm followed roughly the same route as a killer twister that slammed the region in 1999.
3. THE PATH THAT LED TO A $1.1 BILLION PAYDAY
David Karp dropped out of high school, then created Tumblr, which has been acquired by Yahoo in a blockbuster deal.
4. WHO WAS OUT OF THE LOOP ON THE IRS AUDIT
Top advisers say they did not immediately inform Obama, reflecting an apparent desire to distance him from troubles threatening his administration.
5. JODI ARIAS TRIAL IN TURMOIL
Her lawyers try to quit in the middle of the death-penalty phase, then say they'll call just one witness: Arias herself.
6. THE SCOPE OF NYPD SPYING
A detective describes surveillance of Muslims as narrowly targeted on a few individuals. But text messages obtained by the AP show a wide-ranging effort.
7. WHY BLOODSHED IN IRAQ IS ESPECIALLY TROUBLING
A wave of deadly attacks is raising fears that the country could be turning down the path toward civil war.
8. MANDELA'S DECLINE ACCOMPANIED BY DISILLUSIONMENT
The sense of possibility that the aging leader embodied is fading in South Africa as the gulf between rich and poor widens.
9. WHERE LAND IS AT A PREMIUM
Across the Midwest, farmers are planting crops on almost any scrap of available acreage to take advantage of high corn and soybean prices.
10. FOUNDING MEMBER OF THE DOORS DIES AT 74
Keyboardist Ray Manzarek helped form the seminal '60s band after meeting then-poet Jim Morrison in California.