1. EDICT FROM COCKPIT CAME TOO LATE
Three seconds before Asiana Flight 214 crashed, the pilots of Asiana Flight 214 urgently called for the landing to be aborted.
2. DOW, S&P 500 HIT ALL-TIME HIGHS
The U.S. markets soar after Bernanke says the Fed will keep supporting the economy.
3. ZIMMERMAN SUFFERS SETBACK
The judge gives jurors the option of convicting the ex-neighborhood watch volunteer of manslaughter — which requires less proof than a murder count.
4. WHERE ABORTION STRICTURES ARE EASING
Lawmakers in predominantly Catholic Ireland vote to legalize the practice in cases where the woman's life is at risk.
5. BOSTON STRANGLER SUSPECT TO BE EXHUMED
Police want to further explore a DNA link between Albert DeSalvo, widely believed to have been the notorious 1960s serial killer, and one of the 11 victims.
6. WHY MICROSOFT IS CHANGING ITS STRATEGY
The company is reorganizing in an attempt to compete with Google and Apple. It's a recognition that the old PC world — the world Microsoft pioneered — is gone.
7. AFTER 18 YEARS, SREBRENICA'S PAIN STILL FRESH
The remains of 409 people — including an infant — recently ID'd after being found in mass graves are reburied on the anniversary of the massacre.
8. WHAT'S CAUSING FEWER DEATHS
The homicide rate for people ages 10-24 in the U.S. is at its lowest level in more than 30 years.
9. TRADITIONAL TIME OF SOLIDARITY BEGINS IN DIVIDED EGYPT
The holy month of Ramadan, normally a time of togetherness and brotherhood, coincides this year with deep disunity among Muslims.
10. OO7'S NEXT DIRECTOR: MENDES, SAM MENDES
The director of "Skyfall' will return with Daniel Craig for the 24th James Bond flick, to be released in 2015.