1. XI, BIDEN CLASH IN BEIJING
After 5½ hours of talks between the two leaders, there's no sign of progress toward defusing tension over China's new air defense zone in the East China Sea.
2. TRUCK CONTAINING RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL STOLEN IN MEXICO
The extremely hazardous shipment of cobalt-60 is later found in an empty lot, not far from the abandoned truck.
3. RECORDINGS OF CONN. SCHOOL 911 CALLS RELEASED
The calls paint a picture of anguish inside Sandy Hook Elementary as shots are heard, while dispatchers mobilize help and urge callers to take cover.
4. WHAT MIGHT HAVE CAUSED NYC TRAIN ENGINEER'S 'DAZE'
A phenomenon called "highway hypnosis" can lull long-distance drivers on monotonous routes into a semi-trance.
5. HEZBOLLAH INCREASINGLY UNDER ASSAULT
Wednesday's killing of a commander, an assassination that reverberated across the Mideast, is only the latest in a series of recent attacks against the group.
6. WHICH ECONOMIC PROBLEM OBAMA IS FOCUSING ON
The growing gap between America's rich and poor is a "defining challenge of our time," he declares.
7. DOZENS OF PILOT WHALES STRANDED IN EVERGLADES
Several have died and the challenges of rescuing the others in the dangerous shallow waters are "very, very difficult," a wildlife worker says.
8. RARE SET OF IDENTICAL TRIPLETS BORN
A doctor at the California hospital where Hannah Hepner gave birth says the odds of producing identical triplets without fertility drugs are at least 1 in a million.
9. MSNBC'S MARTIN BASHIR RESIGNS
After his inflammatory comments about Sarah Palin, the talk show host says he now wants his colleagues to "be allowed to focus on the issues that matter."
10. WHO'S $100,000 POORER
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is fined for interfering with a Baltimore player on a kickoff return during Pittsburgh's 22-20 loss to the Ravens on Thanksgiving night.