1. AMERICANS GET EXTRA DAY TO SIGN UP FOR HEALTH CARE
The extension is offered as a cushion against any technical problems that could result in a last-minute rush to enroll.
2. WHO'S SIGNING UP FOR A PLAN HE WON'T USE
Obama enrolls for health coverage through the new insurance exchanges in what the White House calls a symbolic show of his support — but he couldn't use the website.
3. BID TO HALT SAME-SEX WEDDINGS FAILS IN UTAH
A federal judge rejects a request to put gay unions on hold while the state continues its legal fight.
4. WHY THE HOLIDAYS MIGHT NOT BE GOOD FOR YOUR HEART
Cold weather, stress, and excessive eating and drinking make this the season for heart attacks.
5. DESIGNER OF AK-47 RIFLE DIES AT 94
The carnage done by the Nazis and their superior automatic weapons led Mikhail Kalashnikov to create what has become the world's most popular firearm.
6. IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK NOT LIKE CHRISTMAS
After a strong start to the holiday shopping season, sales at stores fall for the third consecutive week.
7. WHAT NEWLY FREED PUSSY RIOT MEMBER IS SAYING
Nadezhda Tolokonnikova calls her release from prison a stunt by Putin's government in advance of the Winter Olympics.
8. EIGHT SENTENCED IN UNITED ARAB EMIRATES FOR COMIC VIDEO
An American and seven others are given up to a year in prison for a spoof documentary on would-be "gangsta" youth in Dubai.
9. HOW FAMILIES ARE GETTING HELP PLANNING FOR COLLEGE
A growing number of schools are promising fixed-rate tuition — allowing students to pay the same amount each year during their college careers.
10. AUBURN'S GUS MALZAHN NAMED AP COACH OF THE YEAR
He has the No. 2 Tigers in the national championship game after directing one of the biggest turnarounds in college football history.