The National Weather Service says blowing and drifting snow will impact driving conditions the rest of the afternoon and this evening.
* South winds of 15-30 mph, with gusts over 40 mph, will cause areas of blowing and drifting snow.
* Snow will continue into mid evening, with accumulations of up to 4 inches expected.
* Some freezing drizzle will be possible in the mid to late evening.
* Blowing and drifting snow will limit visibility and cause near whiteouts, especially in open country.
* The snow and blowing snow will cause additional slippery spots on area roadways.
* Periods of heavy snow and slippery roads will combine for very poor travel conditions.
The forecast for the Grand Haven area:
Tonight: Snow showers before 7 p.m., then snow showers, possibly mixed with freezing drizzle between 7 p.m. and 1 a.m., then a slight chance of snow showers after 1 a.m. Low around 17. Breezy, with a southwest wind 23 to 28 mph becoming northwest 13 to 18 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph.
Friday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22. West wind 8 to 10 mph.