(1) Fruitport Old Fashioned Days — Every day through Monday, mainly at Pomona Park overlooking Spring Lake. There’s a carnival, entertainment, parade and fireworks. For details, visit www.fruitportlions.com.
(2) Memorial Day events — You’ll find parades and ceremonies in Grand Haven, Spring and Fruitport. See Thursday’s Tribune for details. At 6 p.m. Sunday, The Salvation Army will host a Memorial Day Service at 310 N. Despelder St., Grand Haven.
(3) VFW Rib Fest — 3 p.m. to midnight Friday and 11 a.m. to midnight Saturday at VFW Post, 20 N. First St. in downtown Grand Haven. Live entertainment, burgers, brats and hot dogs available to purchase, as well as ribs, ribs and more ribs in the ninth annual “Battle of the Bones.”
(4) Kickoff to Summer Run — Saturday at the Tri-Cities Family YMCA in Grand Haven. The wheelchair start is at 8:25 a.m. and the 5K begins at 8:30 a.m. The entry fee is $30. A Tot Trot for ages 3-6 begins at 9:30 a.m. Visit www.tcfymca.org for details.
(5) Blessing of the Bikes — 11:45 a.m. Sunday at United Methodist Church of the Dunes (parking lot), 717 Sheldon Road, Grand Haven. The public is invited to ride their road bicycles, tricycles, big wheels, motorcycles and scooters to obtain a special blessing.
Did I miss something? Tell us about in the Comment section below.