(1) Movies on Deck — 8 p.m. Friday at USS LST 393, 560 Mart St., Muskegon. Watch the World War II epic “The Longest Day” on the 70th anniversary of D-Day. Bring their own chair. Popcorn, soda and snacks will be available for purchase. The LST 393 Veterans Museum will also open its D-Day exhibition on Friday. The exhibition shows that the invasion involved many area men from many walks of life. The exhibit will run through the summer. For details, visit www.lst393.org.
(2) Free Fishing Weekend — All day Saturday and Sunday. Twice a year, Michigan families can enjoy fishing on both inland and Great Lakes waters for all species of fish without a fishing license. For details, visit www.michigan.gov/dnr.
(3) Schools Out Magic Show — 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Chocolates by Grimaldi, 219 N. Seventh St. in Grand Haven’s Centertown. Magic by Nicholas Laham.
(4) LifeWalk 2014 Fundraiser — 8:15 a.m. Saturday at Lakeshore Middle School, 900 Cutler St., Grand Haven. Participants will complete a two-mile walk as a benefit for the Lakeshore Pregnancy Center.
(5) Zumbathon — 9:30-11:30 a.m. Saturday at Four Pointes, 1051 S. Beacon Blvd., Grand Haven. Everyone welcome to Zumba for $5. All proceeds support the Four Pointes Neighbors Supporting Neighbors program.
Did I miss an event? Tell us about in the comments section below.