(1) Grand Haven Coast Guard Festival — The annual Quilt Show at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 901 Columbus Ave., is first up. It’s open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Admission is $6. “Festival Idol” is at Waterfront Stadium at 7 p.m. Friday ($25 entry fee for competitors and $3 admission to watch). The Coast Guard 5K Run/Walk, 10K Run, 1-Mile Family Fun Run/Walk and Tot Trot Obstacle Course are all Saturday morning outside of the Tri-Cities Family YMCA. The Kids Parade starts at 10:30 a.m. with a downtown route. ZIPPITY2Dads entertain at 1 p.m. Saturday at Waterfront Stadium. Allen Scott, a Tim McGraw tribute, plays Waterfront Stadium at 8 p.m. Saturday ($5). The Cruise-In Car Show is downtown from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sunday. And the Coast Guard Community Picnic is 1-4 p.m. at Coast Guard Park in Ferrysburg. Consult your “Discover: Grand Haven Coast Guard Festival” guide for details (it was included in your Tuesday edition of the Tribune).
(2) Ottawa County Fair — Wraps up its busy week Friday and Saturday. The annual fair at the Ottawa County Fairgrounds, 1286 Ottawa Beach Road on Holland’s north side, features a carnival midway, 4-H and livestock shows, demolition derby, horse racing, and more. Visit ottawacountyfair.com for details.
(3) “I Never Saw Another Butterfly” — 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Lakeshore Middle School auditorium, 900 Cutler St., Grand Haven. This play is presented by Central Park Players Teen Drama. It is based on the poems, drawings, diaries, letters and journals found at the Terezin Concentration Camp following World War II. Tickets are $10 for adults; $8 for ages 12 and younger.
(4) Beer Tent — 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. Friday and Saturday at the Elks Lodge, 5 S. Third St., Grand Haven. Andy Frisinger and his Funk Band play Friday night. Classic rock with Chaos take the stage Saturday night. You must be at least age 21 to enter, with a $5 cover charge.
(5) “Bedtime Stories” — 9 p.m. Friday at Mulligan’s Hollow, 1 Y Drive, Grand Haven. The free outdoor movie is presented rain or shine by The Sandy Gentry Team. Bring your blankets and chairs.
Did I miss something? Tell us all about in the Comments section below.