(1) Pirate Sail-In — 6-8 p.m. Friday at Grand Haven’s waterfront. The Celtic band Uneven Ground will include other community musicians to perform Celtic tunes and sea shanties as the pirates sail into port. The Michigan Pirate Festival, which has had activities for kids and families at Loutit District Library this past week, then moves to Harbor Island on Saturday and Sunday ($5 admission for adults, free for kids). Visit www.michiganpiratefestival.com for details.
(2) American Cancer Society Relay For Life — 9 a.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday at White Pines Middle School, 1400 S. Griffin St., Grand Haven. Remembrance ceremonies, family-friendly activities, live music, food and more in this fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. CLICK HERE for details.
(3) Del Shannon Tribute Show – 5 p.m. Saturday at Coopersville High School, 198 East St. James Popenhagen and his band, The HiLo's, perform for this fundraiser for the Coopersville Area Historical Society Museum and the Del Shannon Scholarship Fund. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for students. The show caps the week formerly known as the Coopersville Summerfest and is now called Del Shannon Days. The big classic car show still lines the main drag on Saturday.
(4) Crystal Bowersox Pin Drop Concerts — 8 p.m. Saturday and 7:30 p.m. Sunday at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake. This Ohio native was the runner-up on the ninth season of “American Idol.” Tickets start at $35. VIP Meet & Greet is 6-7 p.m. Sunday ($50 in advance).
(5) Worship on the Waterfront — 7:30-8:45 p.m. Sunday at Waterfront Stadium, Grand Haven. If you missed them play at the Coast Guard Festival, this is another chance to hear The Hark-Up Horns. W.O.W. blends the music and passion of worship. A free-will offering will be taken. The First Reformed Church Praise Band warms up the crowd at 7 p.m.
Did I miss something? Tell us about it below.