(1) Run for the Lights — 6 p.m. Friday in downtown Grand Haven. The 5k and 1-mile Fun Run/Walk will begin at the intersection of Third Street and Washington Avenue. Registration is at the Eagles club, 20 N. Second St., beginning at 4:30 p.m. It's $30 per participant, which will benefit the Grand Haven Lighthouse Conservancy. Everyone will receive a headlamp and a commemorative shirt. Sponsored by the Grand Haven Rotary. After the run, participants will be able to share a meal at a downtown restaurant for a discounted rate. For details, visit runforthelights.com.
(2) Frozen in Time — 2-4 p.m. Saturday in downtown Grand Haven. Live mannequins will be in the windows of at least 20 stores, depicting scenes from movies. Shoppers will be given cards to guess which storefront is depicting which movie. Complete the card for a prize drawing, which will take place during a reception at Studio 206 at 4:30 p.m. You must be present to win.
(3) History of Ragtime — 2 p.m. Sunday at Loutit District Library, 407 Columbus Ave., Grand Haven. Pianist Deborrah Wyndham will be performing at this month's free Sunday Afternoon Concert series at the library. Some say Wyndham sounds like she's playing with "four hands."
(4) Big Daddy Fox/Open Mic Nite — 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Theatre Bar and The Grand, 23 Washington Ave., Grand Haven. Musicians from the Grand Haven and Muskegon areas will jam with Big Daddy.
(5) The Parenting Journey: For Your Kid’s Heart - 6:30-8 p.m. Sunday at The Watermark, 13060 U.S. 31, Grand Haven Township. This free workshop takes parents on an easy-to-follow path with compelling, yet simple ways to build into the hearts of kids, ages 0-18. Each household will receive a free copy of the presenter's book, "Words Kids Need to Hear." The presenter, Dave Staal, is president of Kids Hope USA, a national mentoring organization. He has authored several parenting books and is a senior editor for Christianity Today. There will be desserts and drinks, and child care is provided.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.