(1) Trip of a Lifetime Auction — 7-11 p.m. Friday at Harbourfront Place Grand Hall, 41 Washington Ave. in downtown Grand Haven. This is the final big fundraiser for Grand Haven High School's symphony orchestra and chamber choir to pay for their trip to Carnegie Hall and Europe, which is just a month away. Friday night's event will include both live and silent auctions, music, a raffle, appetizers, and a cash bar. Tickets are $15, or $25 per couple. You can get them in advance at The Bookman and the school district's Education Services Center on Beechtree Street.
(2) Lakeshore Sparkle Party — 8 p.m. to midnight Friday at the Dark Room of The Kirby House, 2 Washington Ave. in downtown Grand Haven. All proceeds from the party will benefit the SmileTrain (smiletrain.com), a nonprofit organization that provides free cleft and lip palate surgeries to children in developing countries. They'll have dancing, a 50/50 raffle and a silent auction that includes wine tasting for six at Lemon Creek Winery and dinner for two from the Gilmore collection of restaurants. Admission is $15. For details, CLICK HERE.
(3) Indoor Community Garage Sale — 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Grand Haven Community Center, 421 Columbus Ave. Rent a table for $35 or shop for bargains.
(4) Monopoly Tournament — Saturday 10 a.m. in the basement of Spring Lake Presbyterian Church, 760 E. Savidge St. Boy Scout Troop 37 will host the 22nd annual tournament. Registration begins at 10 a.m. and game play starts at 11:30. The cost is $20 per player, and you are guaranteed to play at least two games.
(5) Winter Walk at Connor Bayou — 2 p.m. Sunday at Connor Bayou, Ottawa County's newest park. It's off North Cedar Drive, west of 128th Ave. in Robinson Township. Meet at the cabin to begin the walk on the riverside trails, then enjoy hot chocolate at the cabin.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.