(1) Grand Pizza Fest — 1-4 p.m. Saturday at the Grand Haven Community Center, 421 Columbus Ave. The local Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring this second annual event to name the best pizza in town. The first 100 attendees will receive a commemorative Grand Pizza Fest apron. Barefoot Sunday will provide live entertainment. The $10 admission ticket includes pizza samples and a ballot. The $15 admission ticket also includes three beer samples, but you have to be at least 21 years old with a valid ID. A pizza eating contest will be fun to watch; to participate, you have to register in advance. For details, see the Grand Pizza Fest page at Facebook.com.
(2) "Best of Broadway" — a benefit for Tri-Cities Ministries Counseling is Friday evening at the Spring Lake Country Club, 17496 Fruitport Road. Tickets are $75 per person, or $600 for a table of eight. The evening begins with appetizers and cash bar at 5:30 p.m., dinner is at 7, and the entertainment begins at 8. Silent and live auctions include a three-night stay in New York for a Broadway experience (includes airfare). For details, visit tcmcounseling.org.
(3) Dan Navarro — will perform at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St. in Spring Lake, on Saturday night. Navarro is a songwriter for artists as diverse as Pat Benatar (the Grammy-nominated “We Belong”), Bangles, Jackson Browne, Keb’ Mo’, Dave Edmunds, Temptations, Dionne Warwick and many more. He's also a recording and touring artist with longtime partner Eric Lowen, as the acoustic duo Lowen & Navarro. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the concert starts at 8. Tickets are $32 at the door.
(4) Grand Haven High School Irish Music Fest — 7:30 p.m. Friday at the school's Performing Arts Center, 17001 Ferris St., Grand Haven Township. The school’s GOTAK fiddle club and special guest Kennedy’s Kitchen will perform. Tickets are $5 at the door.
(5) Laughing with Lori — 7 p.m. Saturday at Hope Reformed Church, 14932 Mercury Drive, Grand Haven Township. Comedian David Dean will entertain for the tribute to Lori Harrington, who died in February. No admission charge, but a free-will offering will be taken.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.